Alberto Contador: "I always said I was against doping"


Two days before the start of the Tour de France, Alberto Contador, the race favorite cyclist replied firmly, press conference, questions about doping. The Spaniard said he "had always said [it was] against doping" and said it was "ridiculous" and "insignificant" the possibility that the sports justice to deprive him of his victory after the race .

The three-time winner of the Tour, whose coronation in 2010 and a possible new title this year are suspended for a doping procedure before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), has expressed confidence in the outcome of it. The runner-Sungaard Saxo Bank, which claims to have ingested a contaminated piece of meat, was cleared by the Spanish Federation of suspicions arising from the detection of clenbuterol in checks in July 2010 but the case should be decided in August CAS, a few days after the arrival in Paris. "It would be completely ridiculous that I removed the victory. I have confidence in the resolution to be taken [by the court], it will not happen like that. If ever it were the case, then it would be insignificant me. It would be ridiculous. "

A Journalist: "You are very UNINFORMED"

Media came before a crowd attending the press conference of his Saxo Bank team before the start of the Tour, the former Irish rider Paul Kimmage became a journalist took issue with Alberto Contador: "All the teams in which you have spent was at one time or another involved in doping. It is not never heard you make statements against doping. Why should we believe you? " Delivering the short answer to the press conference, Contador said in three sentences: "You are very misinformed, I always said I was against doping. For me it's zero tolerance. But you are free to think whatever you want. "

Soon after, the Spaniard added: "Very few riders have been so controlled me this year, I won almost every race I attended, to control [doping] that goes with it, and this will be the same thing for the Tour de France. "

TIRED OF THE GIRO

From a sporting point of view, Alberto Contador has striven to put into perspective his status as favorite, emitting some doubts about his physical condition after the very mountainous Giro d'Italia he won in early June. "This is the first time I run the Giro and the Tour in the same season," said the Spaniard, who is vying to become the first rider to complete the Giro-Tour double since Marco Pantani in 1998.

"It creates doubt, the race was very difficult for the Giro, it is difficult to know how his body will react," he said, regretting however that the Tour is not more suited to his qualities. "I honestly do not think the course is ideal for me. Further tests against the clock would have allowed me to create a gap with the climbers' ... the image of Andy Schleck, whom he found it was "his main rival."
My Ping in TotalPing.com

Sexy Nude Celebrity Hot Female Celebrity